3M Petrifilm Rapid Yeast and Mold 6477 | pack of 500 (20 pks, 25 plates/pk)
Yeast and molds can grow in a wide range of conditions in raw materials, finished products and production environments, making them difficult to control. The 3M™ Petrifilm™ Rapid Yeast and Mold Count Plate method is faster and easier than the traditional agar method that requires a five-day incubation period. This plate features a new indicator technology that makes colonies easier to interpret. This sample-ready-culture-medium system provides results in as little as 48 hours of incubation time.
Proven as reliable as the DRBC and DG-18 spread plate methods as well as the acidified PDA and YGC agar pour plate methods, 3M Petrifilm Rapid Yeast and Mold Count Plates also enhance productivity by eliminating the inoculation of multiple spread plates, the addition of antibiotics or tartaric acid, and the agar preparation process altogether. Faster results provide more time to monitor processes and ensure tighter process controls along with a higher quality product.
3M™ Petrifilm™ Rapid Yeast and Mold Count Plate features a new indicator technology that makes colonies easier to interpret. This sample-ready-culture-medium system provides results in as little as 48 hours of incubation time.Three Easy Steps Offer Fast, Easy-to-Interpret Results:*
1) Inoculate – 3M Petrifilm Aerobic Count Plates are easy to inoculate. Lift the top film and add sample.
2) Incubate – The space saving design minimizes incubator space requirements.
3) Interpret – Count the colonies.
*Refer to instructions for use for additional information, and more details on validations.
More Benefits with 3M Petrifilm Rapid Yeast and Mold Count Plates
Easy to use: Added foam barrier around the inoculation area makes inoculating the plates easier
Easy to interpret: Special technology keeps mold colonies from spreading and overlapping
Broad food performance: Can be used with both low and high water activity foods
Proven reliability: Versus DRBC, DG-18, acidified PDA and YGC agar methods
Labor saving: Eliminates the need for the labor intensive, multiple plate spread plate technique
Versatile: Can also be used for air, swab or surface contact environmental sampling
Fast Results: Provides results in as little as 48 hours of incubation time
In today’s environment of heightened focus on food safety and increasingly stringent quality requirements, labs are under pressure to provide tests that are fast, reliable and consistently accurate. 3M Petrifilm Plates have demonstrated consistent performance that has been cited globally with more than 200 certificates, recognitions, validations, and peer-review publications. For more than 30 years, food safety professionals around the world have put their trust in 3M Petrifilm Plates. That’s because 3M Petrifilm Plates have streamlined, standardized and simplified the process of microbial quantitative indicator testing, improving productivity and helping ensure the highest levels of product quality.
- Yeast and mold results in 48-60 hours.
- Plates are sample-ready, eliminating all the time-consuming steps of preparing media/agar dishes.
- Easy to use: Added foam barrier around the inoculation area makes inoculating the plates easier
- This plate has been awarded Official Methods of Analysis (OMA) #2014.05 for Select food and NF VALIDATION certificate: 3M™ 01/13-07/14 for All human food products, Pet food, Animal feed and Environmental products (primary production sample excepted) by AFNOR Certification.
- Companies worldwide trust 3M Petrifilm Plates to provide accurate, efficient, consistent results.
Environmental claim being made
Environmental claim relates to
Evidence for Claim
Environmental Monitoring, Packaging & Storage Testing, Ready-to-eat
Store at temperatures less than or equal to 8°C.