Hanna HI38061 Phosphate Test Kit
The HI38061 is a chemical test kit that determines the phosphate concentration in three ranges: 0.00 to 1.00 mg/L, 0.0 to 5.0 mg/L, and 0 to 50 mg/L. HI38061 is supplied with all of the necessary reagents and equipment to perform the analysis. The test kit contains enough reagents for perform approximately 100 tests.
- Complete setup
- All required materials are included with the test kit, such as the glass vials, plastic pipette, reagent packets, and Checker® disc.
- High resolution
- The Readings from 0.00 to 1.00 mg/L are determined to 0.02 mg/L resolution.
- Readings from 0.0 to 5.0 mg/L are determined to 0.1 mg/L resolution.
- Readings from 0 to 50 mg/L are determined to 1 mg/L resolution.
- Replacement reagents available
- There is no need to buy a new kit when reagents are exhausted. The HI38061-100 can be ordered to replace the reagents supplied with the kit.
Phosphates are present in a number of products that are used by humans everyday. Some examples of the effects of phosphates are enhancing the flavor and tartness of cola drinks, as a buffering agent in controlling pH in antifreeze and delaying darkening of cut potatoes used in making french fries. Phosphates are also extensively used in detergents and cleaning fluids because of their ability to soften water and remove soil deposits.
Phosphates are particularly important for the growth and development of plant roots, and hence are one of the most common fertilizers used in agriculture. However, high concentrations of phosphates in agricultural runoff can cause environmental pollution, as they are a primary cause of eutrophication. Local laws govern the use of phosphates and the discharge levels into streams.
|Phosphate Measurement Type||Checker Disc|
|Phosphate Range||Low Range: 0.00 to 1.00 mg/L PO₄³⁻|
Medium Range: 0.0 to 5.0 mg/L PO₄³⁻
High Range: 0 to 50 mg/L PO₄³⁻
|Phosphate Resolution||0.02 mg/L (0.00 to 1.00 mg/L range); 0.1 mg/L (0.0 to 5.0 mg/L range); 1 mg/L (0 to 50 mg/L range)|
|Phosphate Method||ascorbic acid|
|Phosphate Number of Test||100|
|Weight||1010 g (35.6 oz)|
|Dimensions||235x175x115 mm (9.2×6.9×4.5″)|
|Ordering Information||HI38061 test kit comes with 100 packets phosphate reagent, 500 mL deionized water, checker disc, glass vials with caps (2), 3 mL plastic pipette, and long plastic pipette.|